Biotium, Inc. is a rapidly growing biotechnology company in Hayward, California. We are seeking professional energetic individuals to fill the following positions：
Job Title: Senior Organic Chemist
Location: Hayward, California
Date Effective: March, 2011
Under general supervision from the VP of Research and Development, perform production projects utilizing/modifying existing protocols. Design and execute new protocol for custom orders and new production items. Use extensive knowledge of chemistry to successfully complete complicated multi-step reactions. Carry out research and development of new fluorescent dyes for labeling and detection technologies. Provide assistance and guidance for production chemists as needed.
-Under general guidelines, independently plan, organize, and perform production of existing products so as to meet product specifications. Plans production schedule on-time delivery of products.
- Write, review and revise, as necessary, manufacturing and QC protocols for clarity, process improvement and/or material changes as prescribed by procedures and policies.
- Independently adapt or modify methods to achieve technical objectives.
- Critically analyze data and interpret experimental results.
- Write protocols and lab notebooks documenting processes and improvements consistent with ISO 9002 standards.
- Work as an active team member assisting the implementation of new processes within the production group.
- Maintain high level of professional expertise through familiarity with current scientific literature with respect to compounds, reactions, and processes.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Demonstrated competence in reaction design, process improvement and product purification.
- Depth of synthetic experience from milligram to kilogram scale is required.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently required.
- Proven ability to lead and provide work direction required.
- Careful, precise and accurate laboratory techniques.
- Proficiency in the analysis and interpretation of technical and laboratory data.
- Ability to effectively organize tasks, data and documentation.
- Skilled in problem solving and diagnostic troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in the maintenance of accurate records involving production and analysis and the documentation of results.
- Verbal and written communication skills and ability to express scientific results clearly and concisely.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to master new skills, methods and instrumentation quickly.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, and to follow supervisory direction.
Work is carried out in a typical chemistry laboratory setting. Work may require frequent sitting, standing, walking and lifting and/or carrying of chemicals or chemical containers. Work may also require sitting and working at a computer or standing at a laboratory bench for long periods of time.
Ph.D degree in Chemistry, or other related discipline, or the equivalent knowledge and experience is required.
commensuate with experience
To apply: send your curriculum vitae to email@example.com