Product Name :
|Steady-Luc Firefly HTS Assay Kit|
Catalog Number :
Unit Size :
|Unit Price (1-4 Units)||Unit Price (5 units or more)||Inquire:|
|•||Price is for US enduser only. International price may vary. Please contact your local distributors for your price.|
- Image Gallery
- Firefly luciferase is widely used as a reporter for studying gene regulation and function, and for pharmaceutical screening. The enzyme catalyzes ATP-dependent D-luciferin oxidation by oxygen into oxyluciferin with emission of light centered on 560nm.However, the Light production resulting from the reaction leads to formation of suicidal adenyloxyluciferin at the enzyme surface. It results in very short half-life of the light emission with a flash-type kinetics. Several substances have been described to prolong light production by regenerating enzyme through removing inhibitory oxyluciferin from the enzyme surface. But the duration (10-15 min) is still too short for batch process screening. The Biotium Steady-Luc HTS assay system is a proprietary mixture of substances that modify the enzymatic reaction to produce a long lasting signal by preventing the formation of the adenyl-oxyluciferin at the enzyme surface. It is a homogeneous high sensitivity Firefly luciferase reporter gene assay kit with a half-life of 3-5 hours for the quantification of Firefly luciferase expression in mammalian cells. This kit is specifically designed for batch processing systems using high-density microplates such as 384- and 1536-well plates, in high throughput environments.
- 1x 25mg of D-Luciferin
- 1x 100mL Steady-Luc Firefly Assay Buffer
- Simple: single step homogeneous assay.
- High sensitivity: higher sensitivity than similar products offered by competitors.
- Economic: save up to 45% compared to other brands.
Related Products:Firefly Luciferase Assay Kit (cat.# 30003-1 & 30003-2 )