ABD-F is a useful reagent for the sensitive and specific detection of thiols both by TLC and HPLC (1,2). When combined with a reducing agent such as tributylphosphine, it can also be used for the determination of disulfides in peptides and proteins (3,4).
- λEx/λ Em(N-acetylcysteine conjugate at pH 2) = 375/508 nm
- Of-white solid soluble in DMSO or DMF
- Store desiccated at 4°C and protect from light especially in solution
- MW: 232
1. Anal Chem 56, 2461 (1984).
2. J Pharm Biomed Anal 24, 1137 (2001).