CF® Dye Antibodies and Other Conjugates
With superior brightness, photostability, and signal-to-noise, CF® dyes offer unrivaled performance for immunofluorescent applications.
- Growing collection of more than 1000 monoclonal antibodies: View flyer
- Validated in IHC and other applications
- Choose from 13 bright and photostable CF® dyes, R-PE, APC, PerCP, HRP, AP, or biotin
- Available BSA-free, ready to use for Mix-n-Stain™ labeling
- Affordable 100 uL sizes available
Primary Antibodies – sizes and formats:
|CF® dye conjugates (17 colors)||0.1 mg/mL||100 uL or 500 uL|
|Biotin, HRP, or AP conjugates||0.1 mg/mL||100 uL or 500 uL|
|R-PE, APC, or Per-CP conjugates||0.1 mg/mL||250 uL|
|Purified, with BSA||0.2 mg/mL||100 uL or 500 uL|
|Purified, BSA-free (Mix-n-Stain™ Ready)||1 mg/mL||50 uL|
Secondary & Anti-Tag Antibodies
- Wide selection of secondary and anti-tag antibodies
- Your choice of more than 20 CF® dye colors, R-PE, APC, HRP, AP or biotin
- Highly cross-adsorbed, F(ab’)2 fragments, and isotype-specific options
- Single label CF® dye conjugates for super-resolution STORM applications
- Affordable 50 uL sizes available
Secondary Antibodies – sizes and formats:
|CF® dye and biotin conjugates||2 mg/mL||50 uL, 500 uL, or 1 mg|
|HRP conjugates||1 mg/mL||100 uL, 1 mL, or 1 mg|
|AP conjugates||1 mg/mL||100 uL or 1 mg|
|R-PE conjugates||0.5 mg/mL||200 uL or 1 mL|
|APC conjugates||0.5 mg/mL||100 uL or 500 uL|
CF® Dye Bioconjugates
We offer several CF® dye bioconjugates suitable for immunofluorescence microscopy workflows that are useful for visualizing cell surfaces, microtubules, apoptotic markers, and other cellular components.
- Annexin V, nucleotide conjugates, and TUNEL assays for studying apoptosis
- Glycoprotein probes and cell surface stains: ConA, WGA, and PNA lectins
- Phalloidin conjugates for microtubule staining
- Streptavidin and biotin conjugates
- and more…
View our full selection of CF® dye bioconjugates here.
Antibody Labeling Kits
Labeling your own antibodies? Our Mix-n-Stain™ Antibody Labeling Kits offer convenient and stable labeling of IgG antibodies with 29 CF® dyes and other labels.
- Label with your choice of 29 CF® dyes in only 30 minutes
- Labeling Kits for FITC, Biotin, R-PE, APC and other labels also available
- Stable covalent labeling with no purification required
- Compatible with common antibody stabilizers.
- Labeling kits designed for Nanobodies® (ie. camelid single variable or VHH domains) also available
Learn more about full selection of Mix-n-Stain™ Labeling Kits here.
CF® Dyes for Super-Resolution Applications
Several CF® dyes have demonstrated superior performance for super-resolution applications in recent publications. The superior brightness, photostability, and photochemical switching properties of our CF® dyes are ideal for 3-D SIM, multi-color 3-D STORM, and other super resolution and single molecule imaging techniques.
Looking for organelle specific stains? View our Cellular Stains page for a complete list of products for staining nucleus, cytoplasm, mitochondria, membranes, lysosomes, and other cellular components.
Also view our Cellular Stains Comparison Guide for a quick reference on targets, applications, fixability, and more information on our cell stains.
Tyramide Signal Amplification
Tyramide signal amplification (TSA) is a highly sensitive method enabling the detection of low-abundance targets in fluorescent immunocytochemistry (ICC), immunohistochemistry (IHC), and in situ hybridization (FISH) applications. TSA involves horseradish peroxidase (HRP)-catalyzed deposition of tyramide on and near a target protein or nucleic acid sequence in situ. We offer tyramide signal amplification kits with biotin and 6 of our bright and photostable CF® dyes as well as standalone dye and hapten labeled tyramides. We also offer optimized tyramide amplification buffers for enhancing sensitivity for TSA.
Tyramide Signal Amplification Kits:
- Our kits provide all critical reagents for tyramide labeling
- Choose your tyramide: biotin tyramide or one of six CF® dye tyramides
- Choose your HRP conjugate: goat anti-mouse, goat anti-rabbit, or streptavidin
- Kits also include Amplification Buffer and BSA for blocking
Tyramide Amplification Buffers:
- Tyramide Amplification Buffer Plus has enhanced sensitivity for tyramide signal amplification. It has improved brightness, specificity, and sensitivity over our original buffer below.
- Ready-to-Use Tyramide Amplification Buffer was our original buffer formulation, and has been replaced with the above buffer. The one advantage of this buffer is that there is no need to add hydrogen peroxide.
Tyramide Signal Amplification Kits
|Tyramide Label||Ex/Em||Secondary conjugate||Catalog no.|
|CF®488A||490/515 nm||Goat anti-mouse HRP||33000|
|Goat anti-rabbit HRP||33001|
|CF®543||541/560 nm||Goat anti-mouse HRP||33003|
|Goat anti-rabbit HRP||33004|
|CF®568||562/583 nm||Goat anti-mouse HRP||33006|
|Goat anti-rabbit HRP||33007|
|CF®594||593/614 nm||Goat anti-mouse HRP||33009|
|Goat anti-rabbit HRP||33010|
|CF®640R||642/662 nm||Goat anti-mouse HRP||33012|
|Goat anti-rabbit HRP||33013|
|CF®680R||680/701 nm||Goat anti-mouse HRP||33015|
|Goat anti-rabbit HRP||33016|
|Biotin-XX||N/A||Goat anti-mouse HRP||33018|
|Goat anti-rabbit HRP||33019|
Standalone Dye and Hapten Labeled Tyramides
|Tyramide label||Ex/Em||Size||Catalog no.|
|CF®350||347/448 nm||0.5 mg||92170|
|CF®405L||395/545 nm||0.5 mg||92198|
|CF®405S||404/431 nm||0.5 mg||92197|
|CF®405M||408/452 nm||0.5 mg||96057|
|CF®430||426/498 nm||0.5 mg||96053|
|CF®488A||490/515 nm||0.5 mg||92171|
|FITC||492/514 nm||0.5 mg||96018|
|CF®514||516/548 nm||0.5 mg||92199|
|CF®532||527/558 nm||0.5 mg||96066|
|CF®543||541/560 nm||0.5 mg||92172|
|CF®550R||551/577 nm||0.5 mg||96077|
|CF®555||555/565 nm||0.5 mg||96021|
|Cyanine 555 (Cy®3)||555/565 nm||0.5 mg||96020|
|CF®568||562/583 nm||0.5 mg||92173|
|CF®583R||586/609 nm||0.5 mg||96085|
|CF®594||593/614 nm||0.5 mg||92174|
|CF®620R||617/639 nm||0.5 mg||92194|
|CF®640R||642/662 nm||0.5 mg||92175|
|CF®647||650/665 nm||0.5 mg||96022|
|CF®660R||663/682 nm||0.5 mg||92195|
|CF®680R||680/701 nm||0.5 mg||92196|
|CF®750*||755/777 nm||0.5 mg||96052|
*CF®750 tyramide (catalog #96052) is offered as a custom product. Please contact Technical Support to inquire about placing an order.
AntiFix™ Antigen Retrieval Buffer
AntiFix™ Universal Antigen Retrieval Buffer is designed for heat-induced epitope retrieval (HIER) of formalin-fixed, paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissues. The buffer has been formulated to provide excellent heat unmasking for a wide variety of targets at neutral pH, reducing the need for buffer optimization. It has been validated in immunofluorescence staining of FFPE tissue with our next-generation fluorescent CF® dyes using HRP-mediated tyramide signal amplification.
- Excellent antigen retrieval for a wide variety of targets at neutral pH
- Simplifies HIER optimization
- Validated with fluorescence staining using tyramide amplification
- Non-toxic and non-flammable
TrueBlack® Background Reducers
TrueBlack® Lipofuscin Autofluorescence Quenchers
Lipofuscin autofluorescence in certain human or aged animal tissues fluoresce brightly in all channels, making immunofluorescence virtually impossible unless lipofuscin fluorescence is masked. Traditionally, Sudan Black B has been used to quench lipofuscin autofluorescence but also introduces non-specific red and far-red fluorescence, limiting the use of fluorescent dyes in those wavelengths. Biotium’s line of TrueBlack® lipofuscin autofluorescence quenchers are a superior alternative to Sudan Black B to quench autofluorescence with much lower background (Figure 1). Learn more about our TrueBlack® Background Reducers.
New! TrueBlack® Plus: A unique lipofuscin quencher
TrueBlack® Plus is a next-generation lipofuscin quencher developed by Biotium chemists. This new quencher was designed to allow lipofuscin quenching in aqueous buffer with even lower background than the original TrueBlack® (Figure 1.). Quenching in PBS allows longer incubation times for thick samples without shrinkage, and is compatible with hydrophobic stains.
TrueBlack® IF Background Supressor
The TrueBlack® Background Suppressor System is a buffer system designed for optimal blocking of non-specific staining for immunofluorescence (IF). The buffers are designed to block background from both non-specific antibody binding as well as direct interaction of fluorescent dyes on antibodies with cells or tissue sections (Figure 2).
TrueBlack® IF Background Suppressor Features
- Suppresses background from non-specific antibody binding and charged fluorescent dyes
- More efficient than Image-iT® FX, block & permeabilize in just 10 minutes
- Complete system for blocking, permeabilizing, and antibody dilution
- Non-mammalian blocking agents, for broad secondary antibody compatibility
- For immunofluorescence on cells or tissue sections
TrueBlack® and TrueBlack® Plus has lower background than Sudan Black B
VIEW & PURCHASE
TrueBlack® IF Background Suppressor reduces background fluorescence due to charged dyes an non-specific antibody binding
VIEW & PURCHASE
EverBrite™ Mounting Medium
Biotium’s EverBrite™ line of mounting media are a revolutionary antifade mounting media optimally formulated for preserving fluorescence of our CF® dyes and other fluorochromes. EverBrite™ Mounting Medium is available in wet-set and hard-set formulations with and without DAPI. The EverBrite™ Hardset Mounting Medium hardens completely to form a permanent seal at room temperature in 24 hours. Drop-n-Stain EverBrite™ Mounting Medium provides the wet-set EverBrite™ formulation in a convenient dropper bottle for easy dispensing.
- Antifade mounting medium optimally formulated to prevent photobleaching of fluorophores
- Refractive index is well-matched to that of coverslip glass and immersion oil
- Available in wet-set or hard-set formulations
- Available with or without DAPI
EverBrite™ Mounting Media
Buffers and other accessories
CoverGrip™ Coverslip Sealant
CoverGrip™ Coverslip Sealant is the first product specifically designed for sealing the edges of wet-mounted coverslips for fluorescence microscopy. Unlike nail polish, CoverGrip™ contains no ingredients that can leach into aqueous mounting medium and affect specimen fluorescence.
- Seals the edges of wet-mounted coverslips for fluorescence microscopy
- Dries hard and clear
- Less damaging to samples than nail polish
- Won’t leach into aqueous mounting medium and affect fluorescence
- Contains natural and environmentally friendly d-limonene instead of hazardous organic solvents
SuperHT Pap Pen
The SuperHT PAP Pen draws a water repellent circle around slide mounted tissue and prevents the waste of valuable reagents by keeping the liquid contained in a single droplet. Our SuperHT PAP Pens are available in regular size (~800 applications), or mini size (~400 applications).
- Draw water repellent barriers around tissue samples on slides
- Conserve precious antibodies and reagents
- Barriers are insoluble to aqueous buffer, detergents, alcohols, and acetone
- Barriers are stable at temperatures up to 120°C
See below a list of other products useful for immunofluorescence microscopy
|Fixation Buffer||22015||100 mL||• Ready-to-use formaldehyde-based fixation buffer|
|Permeabilization Buffer||22016||100 mL||• Ready-to-use permeabilization buffer for intracellular staining|
|Permeabilization and Blocking Buffer (5X)||22017||100 mL||• Concentrated buffer for one step permabilization and blocking for intracellular immunofluorescence
• Goat serum-based blocking buffer
|Flow Cytometry Fixation/Permeabilization Kit||23006||50 tests||• Optimally formulated buffers for fixation/permabilization for intracellular staining for flow|
|10X Fish Gelatin Blocking Agent||22010||100 mL||• Provides excellent blocking for immunofluorescence or western
• Add to buffer of your choice (PBS or TBS)
• Compatible with goat and sheep primaries, unlike BSA, milk, or goat serum
|Fish Gelatin Powder||22011||2 x 50 g||• Gelatin from cold water fish skin for blocking for immunofluorescence or western
• Compatible with goat and sheep primaries, unlike BSA, milk, or goat serum
|Bovine Serum Albumin, 30% Solution||22014||100 mL||• Commonly used blocking agent and antibody or protein stabilizer
• 30% solution in water
• Made from IgG-free, protease-free Fraction V BSA
|Bovine Serum Albumin Fraction V||22013||50 g||• Commonly used blocking agent and antibody or protein stabilizer
• IgG-free, protease-free Fraction V BSA
|Tween®-20||22002||50 mL||• Detergent commonly used for western blocking and washing|
|Mini Cell Scrapers||22003||Pack of 200||• For harvesting cells or cell lysates from 96-, 48- and 24-well plates
• 0.5 cm (3/16″) wide and 6 cm (2 3/8″) long
• 20 packs of 10 scrapers per pack
• Polyethylene, disposable & sterile