A Powerful & Versatile Gel Illuminator
Novel Laser Diode Illumination for Superior Performance
Gel illuminators have traditionally relied on UV illumination for visualization of fluorescently labeled nucleic acids and proteins. However, UV-based imaging can damage skin and eyes, as well as your DNA samples. LED-based illuminators were developed as a safer alternative to UV, but often have high background and dimmer signal due to excessive ambient light and poor excitation efficiency.
In partnership with Biotium, OMEC Medical has developed a new type of gel illuminator that uses laser diodes (LDs) optimized for brighter and clearer imaging of gels. The new laser diode-based Gel-Bright™ offers better sensitivity over UV-based transilluminators when imaging green dyes such as GelGreen® or SYBR® Green, as well as significantly better performance over blue LED gel illuminators for red dyes such as GelRed®, ethidium bromide (EtBr), and One-Step Lumitein™ Protein Gel Stain.
Read the full press release.
VIEW & PURCHASE
Bright & Clear Imaging for Green or Red Dyes
The Laser Diode Advantage:
- Novel LD illumination: Superior performance for imaging fluorescent gels
- Brighter signal: More sensitive than UV for green dyes
- Versatile: Works well with both green and red dyes, unlike blue LED illuminators
- Safer: Eliminates UV light hazards for user and DNA samples
- Optimized lighting angle for even illumination
- Adjustable light intensity
- Multi-hinged adjustable amber filter for optimal signal
- Easy access to the gel for gel slice excision
- Compact and portable design
Superior Performance Over Blue LED Illuminators
Safe Imager™ vs. Gel-Bright™ Laser Diode Gel Illuminator
Old Gel-Bright™ vs. Gel-Bright™ Laser Diode Gel Illuminator
Sensitive Gel Imaging Without UV Hazards
Brightest Staining for Oxazole Gold (aka SYBR® Gold)
Compatible With Other Popular Dyes
The Gel-Bright™ Laser Diode Gel Illuminator is also compatible with widely-used ethidium bromide, SYBR® Safe, and other dyes.
- GelGreen® and GelRed® Nucleic Acid Gel Stains
- EMBER500™ RNA Prestain Loading Dye
- Ethidium Bromide (EtBr)
- EvaGreen® Dye (Biotium) (direct detection of EvaGreen® PCR products)
- One-Step Lumitein™ and SYPRO® Ruby Protein Gel Stains
- SYBR® Green (Thiazole Green), SYBR® Gold (Oxazole Gold), SYBR® Safe, and similar dyes