10X Fish Gelatin Blocking Agent
A solution of cold water fish skin gelatin that can be added to blocking buffers to minimize non-specific antibody binding in immuno-detection procedures such as western blotting and cell staining.
10X Fish Gelatin Blocking Agent is a solution of cold water fish skin gelatin that can be used to make blocking buffers to minimize non-specific antibody binding in immunodetection procedures such as western blotting, immunofluorescence, and IHC.
- Gelatin purified from cold water fish skin
- Blocking agent for immuno-assays (ie, western blot, IHC, IF)
- Minimizes non-specific antibody binding
- Contains no IgG or serum proteins, won’t cross-react with mammalian antibodies
- 100 mL of 10X solution
Fish gelatin can be used to block non-specific binding sites on positively charged nylon or PVDF membranes or used for blocking and dilution of antibodies during immunostaining procedures. Unlike BSA or milk, fish gelatin does not contain IgG or serum proteins that could cross-react with mammalian antibodies.
1. Oncotarget (2017) Sep 28;8(49):86657-86670 doi:10.18632/oncotarget.21364
2. Heliyon (2018) Nov 16;4(11):e00917 doi:10.1016/j.heliyon.2018.e00917
3. Exp Eye Res (2019) Mar;180:122-128 doi:10.1016/j.exer.2018.12.016
4. Environ Mol Mutagen (2020) Feb;61(2):235-245 doi:10.1002/em.22331