Innovative dyes for science. Expert solutions for scientists.
Biotium is a biotechnology company specializing in fluorescent reagents and related products for life science research. At Biotium, innovation is at the very heart of what we do every day. With state-of-the-art chemistry and biology lab facilities and a team of highly experienced scientists and supporting staff, our fast-paced and flexible research capabilities have resulted in a growing patent portfolio of industry-leading technologies. We pride ourselves on our high quality products, superior service, and the expert technical support we provide our customers.
See our current job openings below for opportunities to join our team.
Chemistry Technician I
JOB TITLE: Chemistry Technician I
LOCATION: Fremont, California
DATE EFFECTIVE: 06/01/2019
Under the direct supervision from senior chemist, perform chemical purifications using chromatography including preparative HPLC or gravity chromatography; carry out chemical synthesis using standard protocols; carry out chemical analyses using modern instruments including analytical HPLC, LC-MS, TLC, UV/Vis and fluorescence spectrophotometry.
- Perform purifications of chemical compounds by preparative HPLC or gravity chromatography.
- Perform production of chemical compounds by following ISO protocols
- Perform analytical HPLC on compounds.
- Must possess sufficient chemistry knowledge and HPLC experiences to develop HPLC conditions for both analytical and preparative purposes using chemical structure information provided.
- Perform LC-MS on chemical compounds and interpret the results.
- Perform UV/Vis and/or fluorescence spectrophotometry on dyes.
- Responsible for the maintenance and minor repair of the above instruments.
- Write protocols for laboratory procedures and accurately and clearly document results and observations in lab notebooks.
- Work as an active team member assisting the implementation of new processes within the chemistry group and the company.
- Maintain high level of professional expertise through familiarity with current scientific literature with respect to compounds, reactions, and processes.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Demonstrated competence in analytical and preparative HPLC.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently required.
- Careful, precise and accurate laboratory techniques.
- Proficiency in the analysis and interpretation of technical and laboratory data.
- Ability to effectively organize tasks, data and documentation.
- Skilled in problem solving and diagnostic troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in the maintenance of accurate records involving production and analysis and the documentation of results.
- Verbal and written communication skills and ability to express scientific results clearly and concisely.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to master new skills, methods and instrumentation quickly.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, and to follow supervisory direction.
B.S. or M.S. degree in Chemistry or the equivalent knowledge and experience is required.
Work is carried out in a typical chemistry laboratory setting. Work may require frequent sitting, standing, walking and lifting and/or carrying of chemicals or chemical containers. Work may also require sitting and working at a computer or standing at a laboratory bench for long periods of time.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary depending on experience/education. Standard company-paid benefits (health insurance, 401k matching, sick, vacation and holiday).
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Technical Writer / Support Scientist
JOB TITLE: Technical Writer / Support Scientist
LOCATION: Fremont, CA
DATE EFFECTIVE: 6/13/2019
JOB TYPE: Full time
We are looking for a candidate with a background in life science who has excellent communication skills. As a technical writer you will work with our scientists, and marketing team members to create content for our e-commerce website, as well as compelling marketing campaigns such as email and print ads. As part of the technical support team, you will provide product recommendations, technical advice, and troubleshooting for customers and distributors.
Work with our scientists and marketing team members to:
- Create and edit website content, blogs, highlighted citations, app notes, etc.
- Create and edit written content to support digital marketing campaigns, such as emails, social media posts, Google Ads, and banners.
- Create and edit written content for print media such as brochures, print ads, and posters.
- With guidance from our scientific team, provide product technical support and product recommendations to customers by phone and email.
- Help to plan and write storyboard and script for promotional videos.
- Work with distributors to add Biotium products and relevant content to their websites.
- Create training material (slides, webinars) for education of sales reps.
- Work with marketing team for continuous improvement of digital presence and monitoring of effectiveness on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with marketing teammates to champion a unified message and brand identity to customers.
- Experience with Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, and fluorescence-based technologies.
- An independent self-starter, ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Master’s degree or PhD with laboratory research background preferred.
- Experience with Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, and fluorescence-based technologies a plus.
- Experience creating customer-oriented content (website, email, print, etc) in life science marketing, sales, technical communication, or science writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in biological/life sciences. Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
Work is carried out in a typical office setting. Work may require frequent sitting, standing, walking. Work will require sitting and working at a computer for long periods of time.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary dependent on experience/education. Company-paid benefits include: medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage, 401K, sick leave, vacation, and company holidays.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.