Biotium is a biotechnology company specializing in providing innovative fluorescent reagents and related products for life science research. The company devotes a significant amount of resources to research and development and intellectual property protection. Our efforts have resulted in a growing number of granted and pending patents that cover a variety of industry-leading technologies.
JOB TITLE: Life Science Technical Marketing Specialist
LOCATION: Fremont, California
DATE EFFECTIVE: 4/19/17
The Life Science Technical Marketing Specialist supports business plans and sales efforts through the development of brand awareness tools and marketing materials for customers, distributors and the scientific community, as well as providing technical support for customers and distributors.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated and creative worker and will coordinate closely with Marketing and R&D groups to develop and execute tactical marketing plans and channel positioning. Additionally the candidate will act as a project lead and liaison to key distributor accounts, maintaining excellent professional relationships, in order to facilitate effective marketing programs. With guidance from the company’s scientific team, the candidate will be responsible for email technical support for end-users and distributors. The successful candidate must have experience in life science product marketing, product management, and/or sales, and have exceptional teamwork, communication and execution skills paired with strong organizational skills to achieve goals on time. Previous experience in life science reagent business is a plus.
- Maintain regular contact with key distributors to deepen existing customer relationships and gather ongoing customer feedback.
- Provide technical support via phone and email about scientific products and techniques with guidance from scientific team.
- Manage the development and maintenance of marketing tools including graphics, booths, flyers, giveaways, technical sheets, power point presentations, and digital marketing content to increase product knowledge and awareness and to promote sales.
- Attend and organize tradeshows. Lead and drive strategy, cross-business coordination and tactical execution for selected industry trade shows and conferences, from large international conferences, to smaller local workshops and seminars.
- Serve as product line expert with a high degree of market and competitive knowledge.
- Lead activities to gather, store, and disseminate information on competitive products.
- Support website management team to design, implement and maintain social media tools. Work with Marketing Committee team and website manager for continuous improvement of digital presence and monitoring of effectiveness on a regular basis.
- Collaborate closely with Marketing Committee teammates to ensure strategic alignment across product and target market segments, and champion a unified message and brand identity to customers.
- Develop tactical action plans that drive growth in key channels and customer segments.
- Design and manage corporate identity, including logos and brand guidelines, in all marketing materials in order to present a consistent corporate image of quality and build visual recognition.
- Develop and manage PR opportunities to include posters, presentations, speaking engagements, press releases, editorials in industry journals, sponsorships and joint marketing to maximize exposure to market.
- Work closely with the R&D team on customer support and communicate customer feedback to R&D for product improvement.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Masters degree or Ph.D. in a life science discipline with experience in a marketing or product management role.
- Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences with 3+ years marketing, sales, technical communication in life science required.
- Experience in life science, lab research background strongly preferred. Life science reagent sales experience a plus.
- Experience in layout and design of online or print marketing materials a plus.
- Proven track record of successful marketing and sales abilities to establish rapport and develop strong professional partnerships with major distribution channels/customers.
- Effective communication (presentations, correspondence, and 1-on-1) and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively and professionally at all levels of the organization. Ability to create/communicate vision among many functional groups.
- Ability to present technical data to broad audience including customers, scientific community, distributors, etc.
- Strategic thinking and planning skills and in depth knowledge of life science research markets with knowledge of competitors.
- Ability to perform under pressure and adapt to changes (e.g., priorities and timelines) and to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.
- Financial acumen and achievement record in a profit organization.
Additional Job Abilities:
- Drive, initiative, creative thinking, and business results focused.
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, team-oriented startup environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Outgoing, upbeat and confident personality
Work may require frequent sitting, standing, walking and working at a computer or standing at a laboratory bench for long periods of time.
Domestic travel to industry tradeshows and occasional international travel to distributor key accounts is required.
Report to: VP of Business Development and Marketing
Compensation and Benefits:
Commensurate with experience/education.
Biotium Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including company paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance, holiday, sick and vacation and 401K matching.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com.
JOB TITLE: Staff Scientist I (Chemistry)
LOCATION: Fremont, CA
DATE EFFECTIVE: 6/1/16
JOB OBJECTIVE: Under general supervision from VP of Research and Development, perform production projects utilizing/modifying existing protocols. Design and execute new protocol for custom orders and new production items. Use extensive knowledge of chemistry to successfully complete complicated multi-step reactions.
-Under general guidelines, independently plan, organize, and perform production of existing products so as to meet product specifications. Plans production schedule on-time delivery of products.
– Write, review and revise, as necessary, manufacturing and QC protocols for clarity, process improvement and/or material changes as prescribed by procedures and policies.
– Independently adapt or modify methods to achieve technical objectives.
– Critically analyze data and interpret experimental results.
– Write protocols and lab notebooks documenting processes and improvements consistent with ISO 9002 standards.
– Work as an active team member assisting the implementation of new processes within the production group.
– Maintain high level of professional expertise through familiarity with current scientific literature with respect to compounds, reactions, and processes.
– Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
– Demonstrated competence in reaction design, process improvement and product purification.
– Depth of synthetic experience from milligram to kilogram scale is required.
– Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently required.
– Proven ability to lead and provide work direction required.
– Careful, precise and accurate laboratory techniques.
– Proficiency in the analysis and interpretation of technical and laboratory data.
– Ability to effectively organize tasks, data and documentation.
– Skilled in problem solving and diagnostic troubleshooting.
– Proficiency in the maintenance of accurate records involving production and analysis and the documentation of results.
– Verbal and written communication skills and ability to express scientific results clearly and concisely.
– Ability to complete multiple tasks quickly and efficiently.
– Ability to master new skills, methods and instrumentation quickly.
– Ability to work independently and as a team player, and to follow supervisory direction.
Work is carried out in a typical chemistry laboratory setting. Work may require frequent sitting, standing, walking and lifting and/or carrying of chemicals or chemical containers. Work may also require sitting and working at a computer or standing at a laboratory bench for long periods of time.
Ph.D degree in Chemistry, or other related discipline, or the equivalent knowledge and experience is required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary depending on experience/education. Standard company-paid benefits (health insurance, 401k matching, sick, vacation and holiday)
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biotium Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, and disability, marital and veteran status.