Biotium is a biotechnology company specializing in providing innovative fluorescent reagents and related products for life science research. The company devotes a significant amount of resources to research and development and intellectual property protection. Our efforts have resulted in a growing number of granted and pending patents that cover a variety of industry-leading technologies.
JOB TITLE: Life Science Technical Support Scientist
LOCATION: Fremont, California
DATE EFFECTIVE: 6/20/17
The Life Science Technical Support Scientist provides product technical support to customers for Biotium’s life science reagents. They will serve as the primary liaison for domestic and international distributors to support sales and marketing. They will create technical marketing content for online and print product promotion and development of brand awareness.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated and creative worker. They will be supported by the R&D scientists to provide product recommendations, technical advice, and troubleshooting for customers and distributors. They will also work with the Marketing group to generate technical content for marketing materials and campaigns. Additionally the candidate will act as a liaison to key distributor accounts, maintaining excellent professional relationships, in order to facilitate effective marketing programs. Experience in life science research is required, preferably in animal cell biology, immunology, fluorescence imaging, or molecular biology. The successful candidate will have exceptional teamwork, communication, organizational, and time management skills. Previous experience in product marketing, product management, sales, or technical support in the life science reagent business is a plus.
- Provide product technical support via phone and email about scientific products and techniques with guidance from scientific team.
- Maintain regular contact with key distributors to provide product training, deepen existing customer relationships, and gather ongoing customer feedback.
- Prepare product catalog information for distributors.
- Create and manage marketing tools including graphics, booths, flyers, technical sheets, training presentations, and digital marketing content.
- Represent company at selected industry trade shows and conferences.
- Serve as product line expert with a high degree of market and competitive knowledge.
- Lead activities to gather, store, and disseminate information on competitive products.
- Support website management team to design, implement and maintain social media tools.
- Work with Marketing Committee team and website manager for continuous improvement of digital presence and monitoring of effectiveness on a regular basis.
- Collaborate closely with Marketing Committee teammates to champion a unified message and brand identity to customers.
- Identify and coordinate PR opportunities to include posters, presentations, speaking engagements, press releases, editorials in industry journals, sponsorships and joint marketing to maximize exposure to market.
- Work closely with the R&D team on customer support and communicate customer feedback to R&D for product improvement.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Masters degree or Ph.D. in a life science discipline or Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences with 3+ years life science marketing, sales, technical communication, or technical support experience.
- Lab research background strongly preferred.
- Life science reagent industry experience a plus.
- Experience in technical writing or technical marketing a plus.
- Ability to present technical data to broad audience including customers, scientific community, and distributors.
- Ability to establish rapport and develop strong professional partnerships with major distribution channels/customers.
- Effective communication (presentations, correspondence, and 1-on-1) and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively and professionally at all levels of the organization. Ability to create/communicate vision among different groups.
- Knowledge of life science research markets with knowledge of competitors.
- Ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Outgoing, upbeat and confident personality.
Work may require frequent sitting, standing, walking and working at a computer or standing at a laboratory bench for long periods of time.
Domestic travel to industry tradeshows and occasional international travel to distributor key accounts is required.
Report to: VP of Business Development and Marketing
Compensation and Benefits:
Commensurate with experience/education.
Biotium Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including company paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance, holiday, sick and vacation and 401K matching.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com.
JOB TITLE: Staff Scientist I (Chemistry)
LOCATION: Fremont, CA
DATE EFFECTIVE: 6/1/16
JOB OBJECTIVE: Under general supervision from VP of Research and Development, perform production projects utilizing/modifying existing protocols. Design and execute new protocol for custom orders and new production items. Use extensive knowledge of chemistry to successfully complete complicated multi-step reactions.
- Under general guidelines, independently plan, organize, and perform production of existing products so as to meet product specifications. Plans production schedule on-time delivery of products.
- Write, review and revise, as necessary, manufacturing and QC protocols for clarity, process improvement and/or material changes as prescribed by procedures and policies.
- Independently adapt or modify methods to achieve technical objectives.
- Critically analyze data and interpret experimental results.
- Write protocols and lab notebooks documenting processes and improvements consistent with ISO 9001 standards.
- Work as an active team member assisting the implementation of new processes within the production group.
- Maintain high level of professional expertise through familiarity with current scientific literature with respect to compounds, reactions, and processes.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Demonstrated competence in reaction design, process improvement and product purification.
- Depth of synthetic experience from milligram to kilogram scale is required.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently required.
- Proven ability to lead and provide work direction required.
- Careful, precise and accurate laboratory techniques.
- Proficiency in the analysis and interpretation of technical and laboratory data.
- Ability to effectively organize tasks, data and documentation.
- Skilled in problem solving and diagnostic troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in the maintenance of accurate records involving production and analysis and the documentation of results.
- Verbal and written communication skills and ability to express scientific results clearly and concisely.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to master new skills, methods and instrumentation quickly.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, and to follow supervisory direction.
Work is carried out in a typical chemistry laboratory setting. Work may require frequent sitting, standing, walking and lifting and/or carrying of chemicals or chemical containers. Work may also require sitting and working at a computer or standing at a laboratory bench for long periods of time.
Ph.D degree in Chemistry, or other related discipline, or the equivalent knowledge and experience is required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary depending on experience/education. Standard company-paid benefits (health insurance, 401k matching, sick, vacation and holiday)
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biotium Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, and disability, marital and veteran status.