Innovative fluorescence technologies for life science, expert solutions for scientists
Biotium is a biotechnology company specializing in fluorescent reagents and related products for life science research. At Biotium, innovation is at the very heart of what we do every day. With state-of-the-art chemistry and biology lab facilities and a team of highly experienced scientists and supporting staff, our fast-paced and flexible research capabilities have resulted in a growing patent portfolio of industry-leading technologies. We pride ourselves on our high quality products, superior service, and the expert technical support we provide our customers. See our current job openings below for opportunities to join our team.
JOB TITLE: Packaging Technician 1
LOCATION: Fremont, CA
DATE EFFECTIVE: 11/13/18
JOB TYPE: Full time
Under the direction of product packaging supervisor, ensures efficient and effective transfer of bulk products into packaged ready-to-sell units, propose packaging ideas and provide continuous improvement initiative.
- Performs basic routine bottling, labeling and packaging processes according to established procedures and work instructions
- Inspects and monitors all products to ensure that they were produced according to specification
- Troubleshoot problems with existing packaging components and coordinate modifications for components with suppliers
- Responsible for the maintenance and minor repair of packaging equipment
- Observe non-conforming packaging components and report to supervisor or suppliers
- Follow, create and update SOPs
- Write laboratory procedures and observations accurately and clearly in laboratory notebooks
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Good time management skills, prioritization skills and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and focus oriented
- Good writing skills
- Good problem solver
- Good communication skills
- Ability to learn new skills, methods and instrumentation quickly
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, and to follow supervisory direction
- Familiar with computer software
Work is carried out in a typical laboratory setting. Work may require frequent sitting, standing, walking and lifting and/or carrying of chemicals or chemical containers. Work may also require sitting and working at a computer or standing at a laboratory bench for long periods of time.
B.A. or B.S. degree in science (chemistry, biology, or physics), or equivalent knowledge and experience is required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary dependent on experience/education. Company-paid benefits include: medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage, 401K, sick leave, vacation, and company holidays. Career advancement opportunities
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.