AccuBlue® Broad Range RNA Quantitation Kit
An RNA-selective, fluorescent RNA quantitation kit with the widest linear range (5 ng–1000 ng RNA) of any RNA quantitation assay. Designed for use in a microplate reader or a Qubit® fluorometer.
The AccuBlue® Broad Range RNA Quantitation Kit boasts the widest linear range (5 ng–1000 ng RNA) of available RNA quantitation kits, while providing exceptional accuracy, sensitivity, and high RNA selectivity. A mammalian RNA standard is included for accurate quantitation of mammalian cell RNA.
- Linear range (5-1000 ng RNA) spans Qubit® RNA HS & BR ranges
- Highly selective for RNA over dsDNA
- Far-red fluorescence emission
- For fluorescence microplate reader or Qubit® fluorometer (RNA Broad Range program)
- Mammalian RNA standard to accurately quantify similar samples
- RNA Broad Range Dye, 200X
- RNA Broad Range Buffer
- RNA Dilution Buffer (can use as Standard 1 on Qubit®)
- RNA Broad Range Standard, 100 ng/uL* (can use as Standard 2 on Qubit®)
*Replacement vials of RNA standard (cat # 99850) can be purchased separately in case the RNA standard in your kit becomes degraded or otherwise compromised.
The assay is linear between 5 and 1000 ng of RNA per 200 uL assay well, which spans both Qubit® RNA HS and Qubit® BR ranges. It is ideal for use in quantifying RNA for sensitive applications such as Next-Gen Sequencing (NGS) or reverse transcription PCR (RT-PCR).
Unlike absorbance-based measurements, RNA Broad Range Dye is selective for single-stranded RNA over double-stranded DNA, and can tolerate an equimolar amount of dsDNA in the sample without significant effect on RNA quantitation (purified RNA samples are still recommended). This assay is able to accurately quantify short ssRNA such as miRNA, but shows very low signal with double-stranded RNA.
The AccuBlue® Broad Range RNA Quantitation assay is designed for use with fluorescence microplate readers equipped with excitation and emission filters for detecting far-red fluorescence. It is also optimized for use in the Qubit® fluorometer, using the pre-programmed RNA Broad Range program.