This unique hardset antifade mounting medium quenches lipofuscin autofluorescence, for one-step mounting, quenching, and optional nuclear counterstaining of fluorescently-stained tissue sections.
- The only mounting medium with autofluorescence quenching
- Quenches as it hardens, with low background fluorescence
- Optimally formulated for protecting CF® dyes and other dyes from photobleaching
- Refractive index well-matched to coverglass (1.46 after curing)
- Choice of DAPI, far-red NucSpot® 640, or without nuclear counterstain
Spectral Properties of Nuclear Stains
- DAPI: 358/461 (with DNA)
- NucSpot® 640: 649/668 nm (with DNA) (for Cy®5 channel)
- EverBrite TrueBlack® with NucSpot® 680 for the Cy®5.5 channel is coming soon!
TrueBlack® Lipofuscin Quenchers are designed to quench lipofuscin autofluorescence, a common source of background in human and aged animal tissues such as brain and retina. They also may reduce background from other sources like red blood cells or extracellular matrix. EverBrite TrueBlack® Hardset Mounting Medium performs lipofuscin quenching and mounting in a single step, for greater convenience. The mounting medium substantially reduces lipofuscin fluorescence after mounting, and quenching continues to improve as the medium cures and hardens overnight. Unlike VECTASHIELD® Mounting Medium, EverBrite TrueBlack® is compatible with cyanine-based fluorophores and is optimally formulated for use with Biotium’s CF® dyes.
Note: EverBrite TrueBlack® Hardset may reduce specific fluorescence; antibody or probe concentration may require optimization for use with the mounting medium.
EverBrite TrueBlack® is available with or without DAPI, or with Biotium’s novel NucSpot® nuclear-specific counterstains. NucSpot® 640 is a far-red dye for the Cy®5 channel. Using a far-red nuclear stain can avoid problems of fluorescence cross-talk and UV photoconversion with traditional dyes like DAPI.
Note: NucSpot® dyes also show dim blue fluorescence with the DAPI filter set, and should be tested for suitability before using with blue probes, especially for epifluorescence microscopy.
Choose the right quencher for your application
See our full selection of antifade mounting media:
* Note: NucSpot® dyes also have dim fluorescence with the DAPI filter set, and should be tested for suitability with blue probes, especially for epifluorescence imaging.
Cy dye is a registered trademark of GE Healthcare; VECTASHIELD is a registered trademark of Vector Laboratories.