CoverGrip™ Coverslip Sealant is the first product specifically designed for sealing the edges of wet-mounted coverslips for fluorescence microscopy. Unlike nail polish, CoverGrip™ contains no ingredients that can leach into aqueous mounting medium and affect specimen fluorescence. CoverGrip™ is made with d-limonene, a natural, environmentally-friendly solvent with a pleasant citrus aroma, and dries to form a clear, hard, durable seal along the edges of the coverslip. Available in 15 mL brush-cap applicator bottles (23005) or in 100 mL dropper-cap refill bottles (23005-1).
Note: CoverGrip™ is designed to replace nail polish for permanent sealing of wet-mounted coverslips. It can be removed by soaking slides in buffer (see product information sheet for details). However, it is not designed to be a removable temporary seal for hybridization, for example.
1. Current Protocols in Mouse Biology (2012). DOI: 10.1002/9780470942390.mo110229
2. The Journal of Neuroscience (2015), doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.4287-14.2015
3. Cell Reports (2015), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.celrep.2015.01.060
4. ACS Biomater. Sci. Eng. (2015), doi: 10.1021/acsbiomaterials.5b00319
5. Methods and Protocols (2015), doi: 10.1007/978-1-4939-3124-8_4
6. Algal Research (2016), doi:10.1016/j.algal.2016.03.016
7. J Exp Biol. (2016), doi:10.1242/jeb.132084
8. Scientific Reports (2016), doi: 10.1038/srep26661
9.PLoS Genet. (2017), doi:10.1371/ journal.pgen.1006603