Biotium’s EverBrite™ line of mounting media are a revolutionary antifade mounting media optimally formulated for preserving fluorescence of our CF® dyes and other fluorochromes. EverBrite™ Hardset mounting medium hardens at room temperature completely in 24 hours with excellent protection against photobleaching of fluorescent dyes. Unlike VectaShield®, EverBrite™ is compatible with cyanine-based fluorophores such as Cy®3 and Cy®5, Alexa Fluor® 647, and DyLight® 649.
- Antifade mounting medium optimally formulated to prevent photobleaching of fluorophores
- Hardens completely at room temperature in 24 hours
- Refractive index is well-matched to that of coverslip glass and immersion oil
- Cures to form a hard, permanent seal with the coverslip
- No need to seal coverslip edges with nail polish or other sealants
- Available with or without DAPI
EverBrite™ Hardset mounting medium cures to form a hard, permanent seal with the coverslip at room temperature in 24 hours. This facilitates handling of the slide and eliminates the need to seal coverslip edges with nail polish or other sealants. It is optimally formulated for use with Biotum’s CF® dye conjugates but also provides a high level of protection from rapid photobleaching of fluorescein, rhodamine, and cyanine based dyes. Mounted slides can be stored at 4°C for a year or longer. EverBrite™ Hardset Mounting Medium has a refractive index of 1.38 initially, which increases to 1.42 after 24 hours of curing, and 1.46 after four days of curing, after which it remains constant. EverBrite™ Hardset Mounting Medium is available with or without DAPI for nuclear counterstaining. Mounting media with DAPI gives a blue fluorescent nuclear counterstain without an additional staining step.
We also offer EverBrite™ Mounting Media in wet-set formulation, with or without DAPI. Also see our NucSpot® Nuclear Stains and our other accessory products for cell biology research.
EverBrite™ Mounting Media
EverBrite is a trademark of Biotium, Inc.; CF is a registered trademark of Biotium, Inc.; Vectashield is a registered trademark of VectorLabs; Alexa Fluor and DyLight are registered trademarks of Thermo Fisher Scientific; Cy and CyDye are registered trademarks of Cytiva.
- Neural Regen Res, 15, 1856, (2020), DOI: 10.4103/1673-5374.280317
- Molecular Neurobiology (2018), DOI: 10.1007/s12035-018-1030-z
- Food and Chemical Toxicology (2018), DOI: 10.1016/j.fct.2018.07.030
- Molecular Microbiology (2017), DOI: 10.1111/mmi.13761
- Endocrine-Related Cancer (2017), DOI: 10.1530/ERC-17-0450
- Food Chem Toxicol, 136, 111092 (2020), DOI: 10.1016/j.fct.2019.111092
- Journal of Dental Sciences (2019), DOI: 10.1016/j.jds.2019.01.013
- Journal of Developmental Neuroscience (2018), DOI: 10.1016/j.ijdevneu.2018.03.003
- Nucleic Acid Therapeutics (2018), DOI: 10.1089/nat.2017.0705
- Cancer Letters (2018), DOI: 10.1016/j.canlet.2018.06.023
- Nucleic Acid (2017), DOI: 10.1016/j.omtn.2017.06.019
- npj Microgravity (2017), DOI: 10.1038/s41526-017-0032-x
- Diabetes (2017), DOI: 10.2337/db17-0391
- ACS Chem. Neurosci. (2015), DOI: 10.1021/acschemneuro.5b00266