EverBrite™ Hardset Mounting Medium with NucSpot® 640
Biotium’s hardset antifade mounting medium with NucSpot® 640 far-red nuclear counterstain.
This antifade mounting medium features Biotium’s NucSpot® 640 nuclear stain, for one-step mounting and nuclear counterstaining.
- Self-hardening antifade medium with refractive index well-matched to glass
- Featuring the only far-red nuclear counterstains available in mounting media
- Avoid cross-talk and photoconversion from DAPI
- Bright and specific nuclear staining with far-red NucSpot® 640
- NucSpot® 640: 649/668 nm (with DNA) (for Cy®5 channel)
EverBrite™ Hardset Mounting Medium cures to form a hard, permanent seal between the slide and coverslip, eliminating the need to seal the coverslip edges. It cures overnight to a refractive index of 1.43, and continues curing over the course of four days to a refractive index of 1.46. It prevents rapid photobleaching of a wide selection of fluorescent dyes. Unlike VECTASHIELD® Mounting Medium, EverBrite™ is compatible with cyanine-based fluorophores and is optimally formulated for use with Biotium’s CF® Dyes.
This mounting medium features Biotium’s novel NucSpot® 640 is a far-red dye nuclear counterstain for the Cy®5 channel. Using far-red nuclear stains can avoid problems of fluorescence cross-talk and UV photoconversion with traditional dyes like DAPI.
Note: NucSpot® 640 also shows dim blue fluorescence with the DAPI filter set, and should be tested for suitability before using with blue probes, especially for epifluorescence microscopy.
See our full selection of antifade mounting media and related products:
|Product||Nuclear Counterstain||Cat. No.||Features|
|EverBrite™ Mounting Medium||None||23001||• Wet-set mounting medium
• Requires coverslip sealing
• Refractive index 1.46
|EverBrite™ with DAPI||DAPI||23002|
|Drop-n-Stain EverBrite™ Mounting Medium||None||23008||• Wet-set mounting medium
• Convenient dropper bottle
• Ideal for wells & chambers
• Refractive index 1.42
|Drop-n-Stain EverBrite™ with DAPI||DAPI||23009|
|EverBrite™ Hardset Mounting Medium||None||23003||• Hard-set mounting medium
• Forms hard seal after 24 h
• No coverslip sealing needed
• Refractive index 1.46 after curing
|EverBrite™ Hardset with DAPI||DAPI||23004|
|EverBrite™ Hardset with NucSpot® 640||NucSpot® 640||23016|
|EverBrite TrueBlack® Hardset Mounting Medium||None||23017||• Unique antifade with lipofuscin quenching
• Quenches as it hardens, with low background
|EverBrite TrueBlack® Hardset with DAPI||DAPI||23018|
|EverBrite TrueBlack® Hardset with NucSpot® 640||NucSpot® 640||23019|
|CoverGrip™ Coverslip Sealant||N/A||23005||• For sealing edges of wet-set coverslips