CELLDATA RNAstorm™ FFPE RNA Extraction Kit
Superior RNA extraction from FFPE (paraffin) tissue sections with 3 to 30-fold increase in yield, and 2-fold increase in DV200 (RNA longer than 200 nucleotides) compared to other methods.
Formalin-fixed tissue samples are a challenge for RNA extraction, often resulting in low yields of amplifiable RNA and poor performance in subsequent steps involving enzymatic manipulation, including reverse transcription and sequencing library preparation. Powered by proprietary CAT5™ technology, the RNAstorm™ extraction kit enhances the removal of formaldehyde-induced damage and provides RNA with higher yield and integrity as shown by a higher RIN score and higher DV200 (% RNA >200nt). For RNA with greater amplifiability in applications such as RNA-seq, qPCR, microarray, or other gene expression analysis, the RNAstorm™ kit is your best chance for success.
- CAT5™ technology for enzymatic reversal of formaldehyde crosslinking
- Extract higher yields of amplifiable RNA than heat-based methods
- Gentle treatment of samples with no high temperature or harsh solvents
- Higher quality RNA with less fragmentation
- Better results in downstream analysis like PCR, microarray, or next-generation sequencing
- Simple spin column-based workflow
Note: The CD201 trial size version of this kit has been discontinued.
Also see the CELLDATA DNAstorm™ FFPE DNA Extraction Kit for extraction of high-quality DNA from FFPE tissue samples. The RNAstorm™ and DNAstorm™ kits can be combined to obtain both pure DNA and RNA from the same tissue section. See our DNAstorm™/RNAstorm™ Combination Kit (#CD503) which includes the RNAstorm™ kit (#CD501) and DNAstorm™ kit (#CD502). For a detailed protocol please see our App Note – Dual DNA and RNA Extraction From a Single FFPE Sample. We also offer the RNAstorm™ RNA Isolation Kit for purifying RNA from fresh or frozen cells/tissue samples.
Advantages of the RNAstorm™ FFPE RNA Isolation Kit
Higher Yields of Amplifiable RNA
Significant improvements in RNA yield and quality (as measured by amount of amplifiable RNA) are seen using a prototype of the RNAstorm™ kit on FFPE samples from various tissues and ranging in age from 1976 to 2015.
Higher Integrity RNA
- bioRxiv (2020) doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.06.02.130096
- Virchows Arch (2020) doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00428-020-02838-0
- bioRxiv (2020) doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.02.24.963652
- J Mol Diagnost (2020) 22(4) 555-570. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmoldx.2020.01.009
- J Neurosurg (2020) 14, 1-9. doi: 10.3171/2019.12.JNS192155
- Lung Cancer (2020) 139, 1-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lungcan.2019.10.012
- Oral Oncol (2020) 100, 104487. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oraloncology.2019.104487
- World Neurosurg (2020). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wneu.2020.03.112
- J Exp Med (2020) 217 (6): e20191787. https://doi.org/10.1084/jem.20191787