DiBAC4(3) is a translational membrane potential dye that redistributes within the cell membrane when membrane potential changes.
DiBAC4(3) (Bis-(1,3-Dibarbituric acid)-trimethine oxanol) is a so-called translational membrane potential dye that redistributes within the cell membrane when membrane potential changes (1,2). The fluorescence of the dye is enhanced when the dye enters the cell membrane as a result of membrane depolarization. The rate of fluorescence response of the dye to membrane potential change is usually slower than that of the styryl dye di-4-ANEPPS, but the fluorescence signal change for the former is significantly larger than for the latter dye. DiBAC4(3) has applications in high-throughput drug screening.
- λEx/λEm (MeOH) = 493/516 nm
- Orange solid soluble in DMSO or DMF
- Store at -20°C and protect from light
- MW: 519
1. Chem Phys Lipids 69, 137 (1994).
2. Biochim Biophys Acta 771, 208 (1984).
3. J Biomol Screening 1(2), 75 (1996).