NucSpot® Live Cell Nuclear Stains are cell membrane-permeant DNA dyes that specifically stain nuclei in live or fixed cells. They have excellent specificity for DNA without the need for a wash step, with low toxicity for live cell imaging.
- No-wash, nuclear-specific DNA dyes
- Low-toxicity for real-time live cell imaging
- Fix before or after labeling
- NucSpot® Live 650 compatible with SIM, STED, or STORM
- Choose green or far-red fluorescence
- NucSpot® Live Dye, 1000X in DMSO
- Verapamil, 100 mM in DMSO
- NucSpot® Live 488 Ex/Em: 500/515 nm
- NucSpot® Live 650 Ex/Em: 650/675 nm
NucSpot® Live 488 stains nuclei with green fluorescence for the FITC channel, while NucSpot® Live 650 has far-red fluorescence for the Cy®5 channel. NucSpot® Live 650 dye also is compatible with super-resolution imaging by SIM or STED, and has been validated in STORM (Ref. 4). The dyes are supplied as 1000X stock solutions in DMSO, and are supplied with a vial of the efflux pump inhibitor verapamil for optional use, which may increase probe retention and live cell staining in some cell types. Note: NucSpot® Live 488 and NucSpot® Live 650 have dim blue fluorescence in the DAPI channel, and may not be suitable for multicolor imaging with blue probes.
NucSpot® Live Cell Nuclear Stains can be used to stain live gram-positive bacteria, but do not stain live gram-negative bacteria or yeast. See our Cellular Stains Table for more information on how our dyes stain various organisms.
Also see our wide selection of other Membrane and Organelle Stains, or download the Cellular Stains Brochure.
Cy Dye is a registered trademark of GE Healthcare.
- BBRC (2018) 507, 496e502. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbrc.2018.11.071 (40081)
- Translational Oncol (2018), 11(3), 700-714. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tranon.2018.03.003 (40081, EVOS FL Imager)
- bioRxiv (2019), https://doi.org/10.1101/672147 (40081)
- bioRxiv (2019), https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/559484v2 (40082, STORM)
- Clin Cancer Res (2019) 25(14), 4332-4342. doi:10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-18-3312 (40081, in mounting medium)
- Int J Mol Sci (2018) 19, 1870. doi:10.3390/ijms19071870 (40081)
- Reprod Sci (2020) 27(3), 779-786. doi: 10.1007/s43032-019-00102-8 (40081)
- FEBS Open Bio (2020). DOI: 10.1002/2211-5463.13059 (40082)
- J Cell Phys (2021), jcp.30336. DOI: 10.1002/jcp.30336 (40081)
- Pharmaceutics 2021, 13, 10. DOI: 10.3390/pharmaceutics13010010 (40082)
- J Cell Physiol (2021), 1–12. DOI: 10.1002/jcp.30336 (40081, 3D cell culture)
- Antimicrob Agents Chemother (2021). DOI: 10.1128/AAC.00356-21 (40082, STED microscopy)