Note: The 50 mg size of DiD will no longer be offered after January 1, 2020. DiD will be available in 10 mg and 5 x 1 mg sizes.
DiD (DiIC18(5); 1,1′-dioctadecyl-3,3,3′,3′- tetramethylindodicarbocyanine, 4-chlorobenzenesulfonate salt) is a lipophilic carbocyanine dye similar to DiI, but with longer absorption and emission wavelengths. DiR, DiD, DiI and Neuro-DiO can be used in combination for multicolor imaging. DiD is also available in CellBrite™ Red, a ready-to-use cell labeling solution.
- λEx/λEm (MeOH) = 644/663 nm
- ε= 193,000
- Dark blue solid soluble in ethanol, DMF or DMSO
- Store at -20°C and protect from light
- MW: 1052.1
1. International Journal of Pharmaceutics (2014), doi: 10.1016/j.ijpharm.2014.11.012
2. Artificial Cells, Nanomedicine, and Biotechnology(2018), doi: 10.1080/21691401.2018.1445093