MitoView™ Fix 640
Far-red, mitochondrial stain with excellent tolerance for fixation and permeabilization after staining.
MitoView™ Fix 640 is far-red mitochondrial stain. The cell membrane-permeant dye rapidly accumulates in the mitochondria of live cells for no-wash, live cell staining. The dye has a reactive group that can covalently attach to proteins inside the mitochondria, so that staining is well-retained after fixation, permeabilization, and subsequent immunofluorescence staining.
- Stain mitochondria in live cells for subsequent fixation
- Well-retained after PFA or MeOH fixation, permeabilization, and IF staining
- Bright, photostable, and non-toxic for long-term live cell imaging
- Cells retain specific staining in culture for days
- Far-red fluorescence for the Cy®5 channel (Ex/Em 648/670 nm)
- Better specificity after fixation compared to MitoTracker® Deep-Red
MitoView™ Fix is not recommended for staining cells that are already fixed, because staining is non-specific in fixed cells. MitoView™ Green dye can be used for fixed cell staining, but for best results with fixed cells, we recommend using one of our mitochondrial marker antibody conjugates.
We also offer original MitoView™ Dyes in a variety of colors, including membrane potential-dependent MitoView™ 633, in addition to a selection of classic mitochondrial dyes. See our Cellular Stains for more stains for mitochondria, nucleus, cell surface, lysosomes, and other organelles.