The AccuBlue® High Sensitivity dsDNA Quantitation Solution offers sensitive and selective detection of purified dsDNA samples with a linear detection range from 0.2 – 100 ng. This solution does not come with a DNA standard; see the AccuBlue® High Sensitivity Kit (31006), which contains a set of calf thymus DNA standards.
- Highly specific for dsDNA
- Uses the non-toxic, non-mutagenic EvaGreen® dye for safer handling and easy disposal
- Linear detection range from 0.2-100 ng
- Designed for fluorescence microplate readers
- Green fluorescence emission
- AccuBlue® High Sensitivity dsDNA Quantitation Solution, 1X
- AccuBlue® High Sensitivity Enhancer, 100X
The AccuBlue® High Sensitivity dsDNA Quantitation Assay uses non-toxic, non-mutagenic EvaGreen® dye (download the EvaGreen Safety Report for more information), making it safer than PicoGreen® or Quant-iT® kits.
Fluorescence-Based dsDNA Quantitation
AccuBlue®, AccuClear® and AccuGreen™ dsDNA quantitation assays allow precise quantitation of purified dsDNA samples across a wide range of concentrations and a variety of fluorescence detection instruments. Unlike absorbance-based nucleic acid quantitation, fluorescent DNA binding dyes are highly sensitive and selective for double-stranded DNA and provide a more accurate DNA concentration in the presence of contaminating RNA and other common contaminants including free nucleotides, protein, detergents and salts.
Biotium offers dsDNA quantitiation kits and solutions for different instruments and sample concentration ranges. See the table below and visit the DNA & RNA Quantitation Technology Page for details on our full line of dsDNA and RNA quantitation kits.
All DNA Quantitation Kits
|dsDNA Quantitation Kit||Linear detection range|
(dsDNA in assay)
|Ex/Em (nm)||Suggested Instrument||Features
| AccuGreen High Sensitivity||0.1-100 ng||502/523||Qubit® fluorometer||Compare to the Qubit® dsDNA HS assay from Thermo Fisher
| AccuGreen Broad Range||2-1000 ng||500/530||Qubit® fluorometer||Compare to the Qubit® dsDNA BR assay from Thermo Fisher
Non-toxic & non-mutagentic DNA quantitation dye
| AccuBlue® NextGen||1 pg-3 ng*||468/507||Fluorescent Plate Reader||Most sensitive assay available for quantitation of precious or dilute samples
Optimal for sensitive applications such as NGS or digital PCR
* Limit of detection in the range of 1 pg to 5 pg depending on instrument sensitivity
| AccuClear® Ultra High Sensitivity||30 pg-250 ng||468/507||Fluorescent Plate Reader||Versatile kit with high sensitivity and wide linear range
| AccuBlue® High Sensitivity||0.2-100 ng||485/530||Fluorescent Plate Reader||Non-toxic & non-mutagentic DNA quantitation dye
| AccuBlue® Broad Range||2-2000 ng||350/460||Fluorescent Plate Reader||Broad linear range with blue fluorescence
AccuBlue and AccuClear are registered trademarks of Biotium, Inc. AccuBlue, AccuClear and AccuGreen technologies are covered by granted U.S. and international patents. Qubit and PicoGreen are registered trademarks of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
1. Conservation Genet Resour (2011), 3, 753-755 doi: 10.1007/s12686-011-9450-3
2. Parasites & Vectors (2012), 5:59 doi:10.1186/1756-3305-5-59
3. PLoS ONE (2013), 8(1) doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0054743
4. Journal of Chromatography A (2013), doi:10.1016/j.chroma.2013.11.039
5. Peer J (2013), Nov 19;1:e203 doi: 10.7717/peerj.203
6. J Biomech (2014), 47(2), 518-525 doi:10.1016/j.jbiomech.2013.10.036
7. Analytical Biochemistry (2014), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ab.2014.03.005
8. J. Bacteriol. (2014), Jul;196(13)2355-66 doi:10.1128/JB.01493-14
9. Applications in Plant Sciences (2015), doi: 10.3732/apps.1400077
10. Conserv Genet (2016), 17, 337-353 doi: 10.1007/s10592-015-0784-3
11. Invertebrate Biology (2015), 134(3) pp 252-259 doi: 10.1111/ivb.12091
12. Clin Oral Invest (2016) Jan;21(1) 447-452 doi: 10.1007/s00784-016-1811-6
13. Pharm res (2018), 35, 188 doi 10.1007/s11095-018-2460-z