CF® Dye BCN (bicyclo[6.1.0]nonyne) derivatives are alternatives to fluorescently labeled DIBO and DBCO. They react with azides to form 1,2,3-triazole by copper-free bioorthogonal 1,3-dipolar Huisgen cycloaddition. BCN dyes are useful for fluorescent labeling of live cell surface or cell extracts, particularly when there are concerns about native protein function loss with copper. Membrane-permeant CF® Dye BCN options are also available for intracellular labeling reactions.
- Fluorescent labeling of azide groups on target molecules via copper-free bioorthogonal chemistry.
- Alternative to fluorescently labeled DIBO and DBCO.
- Suitable for surface or intracellular labeling of live cells or cell extracts.
- Bright, photostable and water-soluble CF® Dyes are excellent options for fluorescent labeling.
- Available in several CF® Dye options including membrane-permeant forms for intracellular labeling.
Superior CF® Dyes
Biotium’s next-generation CF® Dyes were designed to be highly water-soluble with advantages in brightness and photostability compared to Alexa Fluor®, DyLight®, and other fluorescent dyes. Learn more about CF® Dyes. For more information download the CF® Dye Brochure.
CF® Dye BCN