CF™405M is a blue fluorescent dye spectrally similar to Pacific Blue® dye (Figure 1). CF™405M is as bright as Pacific Blue® dye but is significantly more photostable than the latter (Figures 2 and 4). An additional advantage of CF™405M is that it has less spillover in the 525/50 green channel than Pacific Blue® dye due to narrower emission peak (Figure 1), making CF™405M a superior choice in multi-color detection applications. We also offer CF™405S, another 405 nm-excitable dye with an even shorter emission wavelength.
A full selection of reactive dyes, secondary antibodies, antibody labeling kits, and other bioconjugates including phalloidins, Annexin V and α-bungarotoxin are available for CF™ dyes.
- Abs/Em maxima: 408/452 nm
- Extinction coefficient: 41,000
- Molecular weight: 503
- Excitation laser line: 405 nm
- Direct replacement for: Pacific Blue® dye, BD Horizon™ V450
- More photostable than Pacific Blue® dye
- As bright as Pacific Blue® dye in the 450/50 blue channel while having less spillover in the 525/50 green channel
- Highly water-soluble