CF™488A is a green fluorescent dye optimally excited by the 488 nm argon laser line. Under common detection conditions, CF™488A is at least as bright as Alexa Fluor® 488. However, a major advantage of CF™488A over Alexa Fluor® 488 is that antibody conjugates prepared from the former are biologically more specific. Alexa Fluor® 488 carries multiple negative charges, which can significantly change the isoelectric point of the proteins the dye labels and consequently alter the specificity of the protein conjugates.
CF™488A, on the other hand, is minimally charged. Thus, antibody conjugates prepared from the dye ensure biological detection with high signal-to-noise ratio. Another feature of CF™488A is that the emission peak wavelength is about 10 nm shorter than that of Alexa Fluor® 488 and 15 nm shorter than that of the traditional green dye FITC (or FAM). The shorter wavelength of CF™488A offers the advantage of less fluorescence “spill-over” in the red channel in multi-color detection applications.
A full selection of reactive dyes, secondary antibodies, antibody labeling kits, and other bioconjugates including phalloidins, Annexin V and α-bungarotoxin are also available for CF™ dyes.
- Abs/Em Maxima: 490/515 nm
- Extinction coefficient: 70,000
- Molecular weight: ~910
- Flow cytometry laser line: 488 nm
- Microscopy laser line: 488 nm
- Direct replacement for: Alexa Fluor® 488, DyLight™488, FITC, FAM, Cy®2
- Yields biologically more specific antibody conjugates and has less “spill-over” fluorescence in the red channel than Alexa Fluor® 488
- Extremely photostable
- Highly water-soluble and pH-insensitive