CF® dyes BCN (bicyclo[6.1.0]nonyne) derivatives are alternatives to fluorescently labeled DIBO and DBCO. They react with azides to form 1,2,3-triazole by copper-free bioorthogonal 1,3-dipolar Huisgen cycloaddition. Useful for fluorescent surface labeling of live cells or cell extracts, particularly when there are concerns about native protein function loss with copper. Membrane-permeant CF® dye BCN options are also available for intracellular labeling reactions.
Available CF® dye BCN derivatives: CF®405S, CF®405M, CF®488A, CF®568, CF®594, CF®640R, CF®647, CF®680, and CF®680R including membrane-permeant CF®440 BCN, CF®500 BCN, and CF®650 BCN.
- Fluorescent labeling of azide groups on target molecules via copper-free bioorthonal chemistry.
- Alternative to fluorescently labeled DIBO and DBCO.
- Suitable for surface or intracellular labeling of live cells or cell extracts.
- Bright, photostable and water-soluble CF® dyes are excellent options for fluorescent labeling.
- Available in several CF® dye options including membrane-permeant forms for intracellular labeling.
Superior CF® Dyes
Biotium’s next-generation CF® dyes were designed to be highly water-soluble with advantages in brightness and photostability compared to Alexa Fluor®, DyLight®, and other fluorescent dyes. Learn more about CF® Dyes. For more information download the CF® Dye Brochure.