CF™543 is an orange colored fluorescent dye with absorption and emission maxima at 541 and 560 nm, respectively (Figure 1). The dye is based on a new class of rhodamine dyes invented by Biotium scientists. Unlike traditional rhodamine dyes, CF™543 is not only bright and photostable but also highly water-soluble. As a result, CF™543 antibody conjugates retain excellent solubility and yield the brightest fluorescence among antibody conjugates prepared from spectrally similar dyes. For example, CF™543 labeled goat anti-mouse IgG is significantly brighter than the antibody labeled with Alexa Fluor® 546 at similar degree of labeling (Figure 3).
A full selection of reactive dyes, secondary antibodies, antibody labeling kits, and other bioconjugates including phalloidins, Annexin V and α-bungarotoxin are available for CF™ dyes.
- Abs/Em Maxima: 541/560 nm
- Extinction coefficient: 100,000
- Molecular weight: ~870
- Flow cytometry laser line: 532 nm
- Microscopy laser line: 543, 546 nm
- Direct replacement for: Alexa Fluor® 546, Tetramethylrhodamine (TAMRA).
- Significantly brighter than Alexa Fluor® 546
- Highly water-soluble and pH-insensitive